Posted Monday, February 03, 2020 | By: Popzone | Posted in  Much More , Healthy Life | Read 878
A 44-year-old man in the Philippines has died of the corona virus, health officials said on Sunday, making him the first known death outside China. The man, a resident of Wuhan, China, the epicenter of the virus, died on Saturday after developing what officials called “severe pneumonia.” “This is the first known death of someone with 2019-nCoV outside of China,” the World Health Organization’s office in the Philippines said in a statement, using the technical shorthand for the corona virus. Philippine health officials said the man had arrived in the country on Jan. 21 with a 38-year-old woman who remains under observation.
“In his last few days, the patient was stable and showed signs of improvement,” said the health secretary, Francisco Duque III. “However, the condition of the patient deteriorated within his last 24 hours, resulting in his demise.” Mr. Duque said the Philippines was currently observing 23 people who had been isolated in hospitals with possible corona virus symptoms. Hours before the death was announced, the Philippines said it was temporarily barring non-Filipino travelers arriving from mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.
(all readers's comments can help improve the information, as well as better social)